Floatbox Plus: Howto (english)
Since there are more and more questions about something like a manual i start this post (and from time to time i’ll try to add more howtos to this post). First i start with the instructions on howto embed a video from vimeo.
Howto: Embed a video from vimeo
- Find out the id of the video, i.e. you have the url: “http://vimeo.com/3453692” then 3453692 is the video id you need.
- Start a new post/page (or edit an old one) and click on the icon “embed video”:
- A new popup should open, in the first select box choose vimeo, enter the vimeo video id, if you want enter a title and click insert.
- Now you should have something like that in your post: “[ vimeo 3453692 After The Rain ]”
- Thats it, the shortcode will be replaced in the post with a thumbnail (if the php extension simple_xml is installed on your host) and the video will be shown in an overlay after you click on the thumbnail.
To embed a youtube video just select youtube (or youtube hq) and insert the id (i.e. “http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=X37D9A53” -> X37D9A53).
Howto: Insert an image
- Start a new post/page (or edit an old one). Click on the marked icon.
- A popup will open, upload a new image or select an old one.
- (1) set a title (will be used in floatbox), (2) set the link url to the full image (or another “big” image), (3) set the size for the “small” thumbnail that will be shown in the post, (4) don’t forget to insert the image in the post
- After that, the thumbnail will be shown in the editor, just write the rest of your post and save it.
- After a click on the thumbnail in the post an overlay will open and the linked image will be shown
If you have any questions, please use the Support-Forum.